Everybody, who wants to protect automatically his blinds and roller shutters in the case of wind, can bet on the multi sensor Z-Weather. This is thanks to the newest firmware version 4.081 beta of FIBARO’s Home Center 2 and Home Center Lite. Read more
The Z-Weather wind and multi sensor is the ideal complement to the Home Control smart home system by Devolo – and this is the way how to include it. Read more
ZWave.me makes it easier to realize scenes, rules and automations in the Smart Home – With Apps! Read more
Just before Christmas, Z-Wave Europe has started a contest on Facebook and asks “What does Smart Home mean to you?” Anybody who comments and shares the post can win a Piper camera 200 EUR worth.
Piper is a HD panoramic camera with integrated sensors for motion, light intensity, temperature and sound as well as a Z-Wave gateway which can for example control wall plugs, sensors (e.g. door/ window contacts) and create automation scenes.
The contest can be found on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ZWaveinEurope and ends on 05.01.2016. The comment with most “Likes” will win the Piper camera.
Since the new software version 4.059 beta for the Fibaro Home Center 2 was published yesterday, the Popp smoke sensor is also fully supported. Read more
(2) When the Homecenter started the inclusione mode press the button of the KFOb for 1 second. The LED will blink red/green. The inclusion window of the Homecenter will recognise a new device.
(3) Please do not close the inclusion window! Wait until the window closes automatically. After tht the device is included.
(4) 2 new devices will be shown in the UI.
(5) Choose the device with the remote icon. Set the parameters in the remote as you can see in the chart. Press the save icon in the Homecenter. You can hide the other modul in the settings of the device.
(6) Wake up the KFOB. Press all 4 buttons simultanously for 1 second to get into management mode. Now press button 2 and the parameters will be set in the KFOB
(7) Within the next step you ope the associationgroups of the KFOB. Then set the associationgroups 1-5 and mark the Homecenter in each group. Now save the settings of the associations. Now you can wake up the KFOB again. Please press all 4 button for 1 second and the press button 2.
(8) You can use the KFOB as scenecontroller now. You can use the LUA scene to control the KFOB.
LUA – Scene
— Taste 1
if ( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(XXX, “sceneActivation”)) == 11)
— Taste 2
if ( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(XXX, “sceneActivation”)) == 31)
— Taste 3
if ( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(XXX, “sceneActivation”)) == 21)
— Taste 4
if ( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(XXX, “sceneActivation”)) == 41)
XXX – ID des KFOB
YYY,QQQ,WWW,EEE – ID der Szene
(1) Include the KFOB in the „Non-Secure“-Mode. Start the learning mode of your Vera Lite. If the KFOB is in Factory Default settings please press the button 2 of the KFOB. The KFOB will be included in the Vera Lite now.
(2) Set the parameters in the „Device Options“ menue oft he KFOB. Set the following values to the KFOB by Adding Confifuration settings
(3) In the next step set 5 different associationgroups. Add 5 groups with ID’s from 1-5 by using „Add Group“.
(5) Save the settings and wake up the KFOB. Press all for 4 button simultaneously on the KFOB for 1 second. Then press the button 2 to wake up the device and set the configuraation will be set to your KFOB.
Create a Scene
(A) Add a new scene
(B) Choose a trigger fort the scene. Choose the Kfob as a trigger device. Now chosse the scene numbers which start the scene. Each scenenumber is associated to a Button oft he Kfob.
- Scene number 2 – button 1
- Scene number 3 – button 2
- Scene number 4 – button 3
- Scene number 5 – button 4
In some cases it is necessary to update the WD Z-Wave smart home stick’s firmware to latest version. This is possible with only a few clicks using Expert UI. Read more
Domitech Products provides its Z-Wave equipped LED lamp ZBulb in North America for some time. As of now it comes to Europe too. Read more
Manufacturer POPP announced market launch of its Z-Wave controlled automatic water and gas shut-off controller. Read more